Igwebuike is one of Africa's Leading Research Institute
Igwebuike Research Institute (IRI) was founded in 2015 by Professor Ikechukwu Anthony KANU, O.S.A as an international organization dedicated to strengthening human capacity of Africans and promoting the continent’s development through higher education and skills training, convening activities, program implementation and management. Our primary model is that we identify capacity-building projects and coordinate the programmatic, financial administration and evaluation necessary to deliver high-impact results. The Institute is based on a deep understanding of Africa's natural environment, societies, and cultures that exists for the purpose of clarifying the uniqueness of various regions of Africa and contributing to endogenous development in Africa.
The main activities of the Igwebuike Research Institute are:
- Organization of Conferences, workshops, seminars on contemporary topics are also key components of the Institute’s efforts to meet the demands of individuals and institutions
- Publication of research in the through the Journals, book series, etc., of the institute
- Promoting interdisciplinary research
- Hosting extension lectures and public seminars to apply research results for the benefit of society
- Engaging in research exchanges and international cooperation based on international academic agreements
- Providing research information
- Collaborations with other educational institutions, government agencies, private businesses, and nonprofit organizations to keep the Center in the forefront of academic and cultural developments
The Institute is aimed at fostering the production and dissemination of accurate and current research on Africa and the diaspora, and promoting scholarly exchange among African scholars and institutions and their counterparts in the world for a better understanding of the continent and a holistic approach to all facets of Africa’s political, economic, social, cultural, artistic, scientific, and environmental landscapes, etc.
The vision of Igwebuike Research Institute is to be the leading Institute in Africa and beyond in connecting to the components of the African heritage as an instrument of self-awareness and liberation.
Our values are commitment, timeliness, team work, innovation, total quality and flexibility.
Igwebuike Research Institute Partners
- Patristic Institute, AugustinianumLibrary, Rome, Italy
- Augustinian Institute Library, Nigeria
- Nnadiebube Research Institute (NRI)
- Academic Journals Online (ACJOL)
- Association for the Promotion of African Studies (APAS)